Sunday, December 5, 2010

What sport are you?

I have always been an athlete who plays a sport which require equipments.
I am an avid field hockey player, but since an injury I encountered after skidding through the slopes of Mount Nittany, the future of field hockey seems a bit far-fetched. Plus, there are not a lot of casual hockey players that you can gather to build a team in a short time.
Playing soccer would also have to be put on hold until after I get my knees fixed.

Sports that require rackets, therefore, have grabbed my attention almost instantly.
I have been looking into Badminton in particular, what with the spanning growth of badminton courts around Klang Valley area. Also because, the movements involved in badminton are straight angles(front to back, side to side) ie don't require me to twist my knees as much like kicking a ball for instance.



The thing is, I need a racket. I have a really old hand me down racket which does not really vamp my spirits to play. Hence, the need for a new one. heh
I have been googling the right kind of racket for my use and have found a helpful article to help me out. check it out
If any of you have ideas on finding the right racket, please share!

I'm not a really experienced badminton player as I am more of a tennis player.
I've played badminton as a kid on our backyard, on the streets and occasionally on courts(usually without a proper net).
I'm excited to really venture into this sport and grab as many friends along the way to join in the fun.
Call me up if you need a partner!

No comments:

Post a Comment